Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Saturday's Hike - Canceled

The Committee decided last night to cancel December's hike.  With the Pack's rocket launch being rescheduled to Sunday, December 11, having the hike back to back withthe launch wouldn't provide for optimal turn-out for both events.  Couple that with the Pack meeting the following Tuesday, we didn't want to command your entire weekend.  So, December's hike is canceled.

We are still closely monitoring weather and, more specifically, WIND conditions with Dallas Area Rocket Society as Launch Command, they have the final call on the launch. Due to Keller Fire Code, we are not permitted to launch rockets if the winds are gusting over 15 mph.  Right now the weather looks optimal but we are closely monitoring wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Once it has been reviewed and approved, it will be posted on the site.