While we want full participation from every Scout, we want to make sure that we are reminding them not only of what they should be doing to make sales, but also what they should be doing to STAY SAFE!
- ALWAYS wear your uniform
- ALWAYS smile and introduce yourself
- ALWAYS tell your customers why you are selling popcorn
- KNOW the different kinds of popcorn you are selling
- ALWAYS say "Thank You"
- ALWAYS make a copy of your order form
- ALWAYS have a pen
- NEVER enter anyone's home
- NEVER sell after dark unless you are with an adult
- DON'T carry large amounts of cash with you
- ALWAYS walk on the sidewalk and driveway
- ALWAYS sell with another scout or with an adult
Have your Cub practice what he's going to say. Write it on little cue cards. Let him stand in front of a mirror. Rehearse with him. Ask him questions he might get so that he knows how to respond.
Hi, my name is ___________, and I am a Cub Scout with Pack 1910. I'm selling popcorn to raise money for the things I like to do in Scouting like ______________. This popcorn is DEEEEEEEEElicious and there are many different kinds to choose from. Will you please help support me in Scouting?
(Always be sure they say "Thank You" when you are done whether they make the sale or not.)