YOU know the reason boys want to join Scouts.
WE know the reason boys want to join Scouts.
THEY WANT TO CAMP!!!!
We also know that everyone is busy so rather than encumber our families with planning a full campout, this year we are going to Camp Tahuaya to participate in the Longhorn Council's Wild West Family Adventures Camp!
So, without further adieu -- here is the information on Pack 1910's spring campout!
- WHO: All members of Pack 1910 and their families
- WHAT: Pack 1910 Spring Campout
- WHERE: BSA Camp Tahuaya. Camp Tahuaya is a 147 acre camp with the largest spring in Texas. It's 1 mile west of the Tahuaya Road Exit at mm 289a on I-35 just south of Belton and Temple. It's 47 miles south of Waco. Address for GPS users: 2603 Tahuaya Dr., Belton, TX 76513 You can find a printable map of the property here.
- WHEN: Saturday, April 18 - Sunday, April 19 (you do have the option of camping Friday night if you wish -- please indicate this on your registration form)
- COST: (early bird registration costs) $29 per person aged 6+, 15 for those 4-5 and under 4 are free
- WHAT'S INCLUDED?: Saturday lunch, Saturday dinner, Sunday breakfast, a camp t-shirt and a patch for each camper
- WHAT WILL WE DO?: petting zoo, climbing wall, BB shooting, archery, scavenger hunts, western history & characters, nature walks, western films, western storytelling, reptile show, leather crafts, bounce houses, tractor rides, Sunday chapel service, new sports games, and a campfire program.... but more importantly... it get our Scouts OUT! We are committed to keeping the OUT in SCOUTING!
We will have ONE point of contact for registration purposes. Please print off your registration form and return it, with payment, to April Driggers NO LATER THAN TUESDAY, APRIL 14. Registrations will be submitted to Council the following morning (right before the early bird deadline expires!) Make your checks payable to Longhorn Council.