The annual PAYMENT to Pack 1910 is reached from three components.
1) National Dues – this fee is paid to the Boy Scouts of America and registers the Cub Scout for the period from January through December.
- For 2015, the National Dues are $25.50 ($24 registration fee plus $1.50 for accident insurance) per Cub Scout.
2) Boys’ Life – this is the monthly magazine of the Boy Scouts of America. It’s a great read that reinforces Scouting and the good family values that are part of our program. While registration for Boys’ Life is optional, we feel that the content is so important and relevant, that we choose to make this part of our registration. Therefore, we incorporate that fee into the dues as well. For more information, visit: www.boyslife.org Boy's Life is $1 per month, so $12 annually.
- The Pack also pays the national dues and insurance ($25.50) for each registered leader.
3) Pack Fee – Pack 1910 charges an annual Pack Fee to help cover the cost of running the pack. This includes training, advancement, and program costs. The fee is set each year by the Pack Committee. The annual Pack Fee is $37.50 per scout. At the very basic level, this covers the handbook for each boy ($11), rank badges ($2 ea), mother's pins ($1.40), Webelos activity badges ($1.80 ea), belt loops ($1.90 ea), sports and academic pins ($1.90 ea), pinewood derby car ($4), rain gutter regatta kit ($5.50), two Pack 1910 patches ($4) as well as all segment patches for participation ($0.40 ea) and all of the materials associated with monthly Pack meetings.
These three components make the annual fee of $75.00 per year for each Cub Scout.
However, as I'm sure you can realize, the $37.50 Pack Fee does not even begin cover the annual expenses associated with each boy in the Pack. Thus, we rely heavily on fundraising to ensure an awesome program for our youth.
Yep, popcorn fuels Scouting nationwide! As it was announced, an incentive for selling popcorn (our major fundraiser), families had the opportunity receive FULL PAYMENT of the Pack 1910 annual dues just by selling $350. If you qualify for this, you will receive an e-mail notifying you of such. If you are a NEW family that has already paid your dues, you will receive a refund.
Our Pack's national recharter dues ($37.50 per Cub Scout and $25.50 per leader) are due the first week of December to council for each scout registered with our Pack.
Therefore, it is imperative to bring your annual payment to the November Pack meeting so that we know you are continuing your path with Pack 1910.
Checks should be made payable to Pack 1910. If you would like to pay over the phone or at the Pack meeting using a credit card, that can be done as well. However, for your convenience, we have set up a Payments page on our blog to enable parents to utilize PayPal as your form of payment for the annual dues.
We need all dues for 2015 paid by November 30. Without registration payment commitments, we cannot recharter your Scout. Awards and rank cannot be recorded for unregistered Scouts.
Remember, the fun things we do at the Pack meetings, the prizes, awards, rank insignia, handbooks, patches and all that the pack provides is funded only by dues and fundraisers. We budget and rely on that commitment from every family each year.
Please note that all new families should be paid up by now and therefore, recharter dues do not apply *unless* you have not yet paid.
The forms below comprise the recharter package for each scout. Please download each form, complete and bring them with you to the November Pack meeting together with your payment.
- Annual BSA Health Form. Please note, this only needs to be completely if you have not yet submitted one since joining the Pack. If you or your Scout attended Mustang District Day Camp, your Health Form is still valid. Health forms are good from one year from the date of completion. If you are unsure if we have one on file, please feel free to contact April via e-mail.
- Volunteer Registration. One should be completed per family. Many hands makes light work and we appreciate everyone pitching in just a little.
- Photo Release. This form gives Pack 1910 permission to utilize images captured at Pack events on this blog or on displays at Pack events and promotions.
Please note: All leaders MUST be current in their Youth Protection Training in order to recharter. If you are unaware as to the expiration of your YPT, please log into your www.myscouting.org account to check.
Payment must be included with the registration documents for all Scouts, or you will not be re-registered with the Pack.
Thank you for your assistance with the great fall paper chase! I appreciate everyone's prompt attention to this matter. If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Yours in Scouting,