Monday, November 10, 2014

Pack Meeting POSTPONED

Members and parents of Pack 1910 Scouts... please make note that the Pack Meeting Campfire scheduled for tomorrow night, November 11, is being postponed.

Yes, that's right. We are postponing tomorrow's pack meeting.

There is a polar vortex weather system moving through the metroplex which are going to send temperatures plummeting tomorrow from the high 50s to the low 30s. Winds are expected to be 15-20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph. 

Couple that with a burn ban in Keller. It doesn't have the components for a safe, fun, family-friendly opportunity.

The cold we can handle but the potential risk, we simply cannot.

We are RESCHEDULING our flag retirement ceremony campfire for ONE WEEK FROM TOMORROW. Tuesday, November 18... same time... same place.

You will still be able to bring your canned good items and donate then.  Everything will stay the same, just delayed a week.

Thank you all for your understanding. It's never easy to coordinate an event and it's even harder to have to cancel it last minute. We wanted to give everyone enough notice so that you can make plans to join us NEXT WEEK. Hopefully the winds will cooperate with us then! Until then, stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Once it has been reviewed and approved, it will be posted on the site.