The Core Value for the month of October is RESPONSIBILITY.
Responsibility is something Cub Scouts teaches by having boys fulfill our duty to God, country, other people, and ourselves as well as fulfilling our duty to help others and take care of ourselves. It is behaving safely and appropriately without having to be told.
- Being responsible for things makes us learn and grow.
- Knowing you can be counted on to make the right choice creates a feeling of self worth.
- Being counted on to do what you say you're going to do teaches internal qualities and characteristics you can't buy in a store or hope for... it just has to happen.
How can we teach RESPONSIBILITY?
- Have your children do chores. Have them be responsible for seeing the trash cans at the curb and bringing them inside the garage -- without being told, or paid to do so.
- Let your children be responsible for a pet or a plant... Here is a fun chia sock pet you can make together at home.